C & B Machinery specializes in the design and build of production Double & Single Disc Grinders, Horizontal & Vertical Spindle Grinders, Clamp Bore, Park & Grind and Special Application Grinders. In addition, C & B provides hardware and control retrofits, retools, sub-assembly repairs, replacement parts, as well as prototype and production grinding service.
We also maintain an inventory of re-engineered and used grinding machines.
Double Disc Grinding Defined
Double disc grinding is the removal of material from a part with parallel surfaces. The metal removal takes place on both sides of the part simultaneously, with the grinding occurring on the faces of the grinding wheels. Most commonly, the disc wheels are attached to diametrically opposed horizontal spindles, each contained in a heavy-duty precision grinding head assembly.
Typical applications include the grinding of connecting rods, pinion gears, transfer gears, engine valves, brake pads, brake rotors, clutch plates, piston rings, bearings, universal joints, pump covers; the list goes on. Materials vary from cast iron to stainless steel, from forgings to powdered metal, from basic carbon steel to high-tech alloys to ceramic.
Click Video Below!
"Creating solutions for your disc grinding applications."
- Mechanical and Controls Engineering
- Automation Design & Part Handling
- Part Specific Tooling
- Turn-Key to Customer Specifications
- Statistical Quality Run-offs
- Complete Documentation to Customer Standards
- In Business since 1980
- Privately Owned
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified
- Ford Motor Company, Reliability & Maintainability (R&M) Green Certified
- Preferred /Tier 1 supplier to Ford Motor Company, General Motors, and Chrysler
- Member of AMT - American Manufacturing Technologies Association
- Installations throughout the world